AVL is the world's largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines and E-mobility applications as well as instrumentation and test systems. AVL is looking for a new engineer to support in the area of Power Electronics design.
· AVL supports customers in a number of areas relating to vehicle electrification, from high voltage components to hybrid vehicle control development.
· The role requires working with other team members and the customer in order to deliver projects according to the plan. This will include the following key activities:
· Develop and test the BMS software
· Support the design and development of HV battery prototypes and production units used by the OEM customers in their electrification programmes
· Define validation plans and methodologies and evaluate the test results
· Liaise with the other teams to provide information regarding the battery specifications (i.e. SW team, Inverter team)
· Manage suppliers
· Modelling, simulation, FMEA, validation and root cause analysis