Description de l'offre
AVL is the world's largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines and E-mobility applications as well as instrumentation and test systems. AVL is looking for a new engineer to support in the area of Power Electronics design.
· AVL supports customers in a number of areas relating to vehicle electrification, from high voltage components to hybrid vehicle control development.
· The role requires working with other team members and the customer in order to deliver projects according to the plan. This will include the following key activities:
· Develop and test the BMS software
· Support the design and development of HV battery prototypes and production units used by the OEM customers in their electrification programmes
· Define validation plans and methodologies and evaluate the test results
· Liaise with the other teams to provide information regarding the battery specifications (i.e. SW team, Inverter team)
· Manage suppliers
· Modelling, simulation, FMEA, validation and root cause analysis
· Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Engineering or similar
· Good understanding of power electronics and hybrid components fundamentals, ability to comprehensively understand customer requirements
· Proven experience in BMS development
· Experience in systems engineering and system delivery
· Knowledge in high voltage battery design and validation
· Knowledge in Battery Management System design and validation
· Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
· Analytical and conceptual capabilities
· Good written and oral English
· Confident in presenting to management and technical specialists
· Either a number of years experience in electronics requirements, design and control or a higher academic degree (e.g. PhD) relating to HV Battery Technologies
· Thorough knowledge of the design of high voltage components (power supplies, DCDC converters, inverters and chargers, etc.)
· Experience in CAD design
· Experience in rapid prototyping systems, CAN, ETAS, DOORS, Simulink, Matlab, Vector tools and hardware design simulation tools
· Experience in Project Management
A unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please send them using our online application form.
AVL United Kingdom Ltd.