A role exists for an engineer at either graduate level or possibly seeking a first career move for systems engineering to support the development of next generation driver assistance (ADAS) features from concept level to production sign-off on behalf of OEM customers. The role will be fast-paced and challenging but with the opportunity for development of skills and responsibilities. The role will primarily be based from our Midlands office on projects for our automotive clients with some travel to customer locations and knowledge transfer between other worldwide AVL locations. The ideal candidate will be keen to work in a challenging environment however will be adaptable in order to support other project work within the Electrical department as necessary. These could include systems engineering as well as simulation activities and integration in other electrical automotive areas.
· The role requires working with other team members and the customer engineers in order to deliver ADAS projects according to the plan.
· The role will therefore typically include elements of the following key activities:
· Identify key vehicle and feature use cases
· Develop and define system requirements of new ADAS features
· Define and document functional requirements
· Identify and resolve conflicts in meeting technical requirements
· Support robustness activities (e.g. FMEA) and safety analysis for new feature development
· Definition of any new network bus messages
· Engaging with suppliers to understand and track software delivery dates
· Development of test plans for the feature
· Rig- or vehicle-level testing of new ADAS features
· Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive, Electrical or equivalent Engineering
· Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel).
· Good communication skills
· Driving Licence
· 3+ yrs relevant engineering experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
· Experience in conducting FMEA activities
· A working knowledge of vehicle messaging and architectures
· Experience with Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent
· Experience of MATLAB/Simulink
· Experience in Project Management
A unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please send them using our online application form. AVL United Kingdom Ltd.
Get a mail digest of vacancies that match your profile!
Thousand of vacancies are available for you on Wizbii :)