Leeds (City and Borough of Leeds) Sales
Trading Underwriter – Competitive Salary
Are you someone who is passionate about partnering with brokers and customers to truly understand their wants and needs?
Aviva are looking for Underwriters to join our teams to be aligned to a portfolio of brokers/customer to proactively develop and profitable grow their commercial book of business!
A bit about the job:
The successful applicants will be accountable for day to day underwriting activities and will also be using data insight to ensure we are providing whole customer solutions.
Your role will include dealing end to end with brokers and customers whilst collaborating with the team to support both the lead trading underwriter and underwriting leader in delivering financials.
You will also be expected to embrace and understand SME strategy to be an active mobile underwriter, working professionally and effectively wherever you are located.
There will also be opportunities to work towards underwriting licence levels as appropriate to your role.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Previous experience within Trading/Commercial underwriting is essential.
· Excellent communication, listening, time management and negotiating skills, with the ability to work collaboratively within a large complex organisation.
· Previous analysis of risks and the ability to communicate and present effectively to brokers and/or customers.
· Good knowledge of the FCA and other relevant regulation and legislation.
· ACII qualifications are desirable.
What you’ll get for this role:
· Competitive starting salary (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Aviva will contribute up to 14% to your personal pension (dependent on your contribution)
· Eligibility for annual performance bonus
· Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
· 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
· Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
· 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alannah Burgess a call on 0121 234 7666 or send an email to email@example.com