Perth (Perth and Kinross) IT development
We are recruiting for a for a Technology Developer to join our team. This is a great job for someone with Software Development skills with a background in Java and Guidewire. You’ll have a strong working knowledge of the IT space and can anticipate the needs of your business users and customers. Working across this Gosu developed Java application, you’ll have a good understanding of the systems development lifecycle.
You are dedicated, organised, naturally inquisitive and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to work collaboratively to a plan and be familiar with Agile principles, delivering high quality performant solutions in a timely manner in line with Project deliverables. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, have a willingness to learn and share knowledge including mentoring others.
You will embrace a culture challenging the status quo and constantly look to efficiently simplify processes, technology, and workflow. You will apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to many areas of the application to further evolve both existing and new products.
A bit about the job:
Working within Aviva’s Guidewire Development Centre, you will be part of a team developing Project led business functionality and improvements on our suite of Guidewire Applications for the benefit of our Commercial Underwriting and Claims Business areas.
What you’ll do
· Design, code, and maintain Guidewire applications with a focus on high product availability, optimum performance, and security
· Develop and review software requirements, build design documents, write code, configure, test, package, and deploy software
· Work collaboratively with business contacts, project managers, analysts, architects, and other engineers to implement information technology solutions in a resourceful and timely manner.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Strong communication skills
· Experience using development IDEs such as Intelli J / Eclipse
· Experience working with Agile Software Development Principles
· Ability to independently gather technical requirements and create a plan to execute those requirements
· Strong knowledge of Java / Gosu, XML, SQL, Object Oriented Programming and Design Pattern principles
What you’ll get for this role:
· Starting salary of up to £60,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Aviva will contribute up to 14% to your personal pension (dependent on your contribution)
· Eligibility for annual performance bonus
· Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
· 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
· Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
· 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Tawana Chin a call on 07787 251496 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .