Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Salary circa £55,000
Are you someone who is passionate about Cyber Security and looking for an excellent opportunity to use and expand your skills within a dedicated security advisory team?
This role exists within Aviva’s CISO team and is responsible for carrying out consultancy and risk assessment activities across multiple geographical areas, business areas and change disciplines.
If you feel this is something to which you could bring benefit to, or indeed, personally benefit from joining, please read on…
A bit about the job:
The purpose of this role is to integrate into the existing team to provide a top-class service to protect Aviva against current and new cyber related threats.
To reduce the risk of change activity (IT and Cyber initiatives) to Aviva, the successful candidate will provide: Security consultancy advice and guidance, security review of solution designs including recommendations, advice and guidance to promote secure by design and carry out Information Security Risk Assessments (ISRA) to better manage Aviva risks against reputational damage, system outage and data loss potentially leading to regulatory fines, as data security becomes an ever greater focus across the globe.
The role will require someone with in-depth technical knowledge, who can collaborate well with colleagues across multiple disciplines as the team works with technical and operational teams across the business, to ensure change activity meets Aviva’s security requirements whilst adopting the necessary security controls.
The team is made up of professional people who are passionate about providing a top-class service and protecting Aviva, whilst also supporting each other. This is accomplished through knowledge sharing and maintaining an enjoyable working environment.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Experience utilising Risk Assessment methods and frameworks (IRAM2, OCTAVE, NIST, ISO 27005 etc).
· Exposure to Information Security Management System frameworks and standards and their application. Partnered with knowledge of governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control management frameworks such as, ISO, ISF and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks and the application within a financial services environment.
· Good working knowledge of one or more security technologies and domains, including, but not limited to network security, cyber security, data security, identity and access management, application security & cloud security and associated compliance frameworks such as SOX, PCI-DSS etc.
· Previous use of security technologies (firewalls, WAFs, DLP, cryptography, vulnerability scanning, identity and access management, etc).
· The ability to carry out threat modelling, vulnerability assessment, control effectiveness review and risk assessment of a proposal or design and deliver a comprehensive, easy consumable report targeted to audience and stakeholders.
What you’ll get for this role:
Our purpose - with you today, for a better tomorrow – is a promise we make to our colleagues too. And one of the ways we live up to that promise is by investing in you. We have so much to offer when it comes to being an Aviva colleague.
· Starting salary circa £55,000 (depending on location, skills, experience , and qualifications)
· Bonus opportunity - 10% of annual salary Actual amount depends on your performance and Aviva’s.
· Generous pension scheme - Aviva will contribute up to 14%, depending on what you put in.
· 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, and you can choose to buy or sell up to 5 days
· Make your money go further - Up to 40% discount on Aviva products , and other retailer discounts
· Up to £1,200 of free Aviva shares per year through our Matching Share Plan and share in the success of Aviva with our Save As You Earn scheme
· Brilliantly supportive policies including parental and carer’s leave
· Flexible benefits to suit you, including sustainability options such as cycle to work
· Make a difference, be part of our Aviva Communities and use your 3 paid volunteering days to help others
· We take your wellbeing seriously with lots of support and tools
Take a look to learn more. Put a salary into this calculator to see what your total Aviva Reward could be.
Aviva is for everyone:
We’re inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you. Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility, with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alannah Burgess a call on 0121 234 7666 or send an email to email@example.com.