Senior Automation Test Engineer
Markham (Markham) IT development
Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
We are looking for a collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated Senior Automation Test Engineer.
Are you passionate about software testing and always looking to level up your skills and professional development? Do you like to stay on top of the latest advancements in test automation and never assume something works accurately the first time? Do you get a kick out of breaking down code to get to the bottom of bugs? You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves, challenge the status quo, and strive for higher standards of quality, performance, and availability.
You are comfortable in a forward-thinking and fast-paced environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Senior Automation Test Engineer, you will play a critical part in projects and initiatives across the organization, including leading the automation testing services delivery using industry standard best practices. In this role, you will work collaboratively with Product Owners, Business Systems Analysts, and Developers to deliver based on the establish QA standards and processes. You possess positive relationship building and outstanding communication skills you will use to collaborate closely with internal and external IT teams, and mentor and support junior test engineers on the team.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Quality Engineering | Information Technology
What you’ll do
· Craft new and improve existing automation frameworks, tools and QE delivery processes in a balanced manner.
· Lead technology, productivity, and operational efficiency improvements.
· Contribute to the Automation Testing Architecture and Design practice across Aviva.
· Review user stories, requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely feedback and recommendations from a Quality Assurance perspective proficiently.
· Create and build comprehensive test strategies, test plans, estimates, sophisticated test scenarios and test cases, and lead the overall test execution.
· Provide test artifact walkthroughs to the team and key partners for review and feedback.
· Report status updates/critical issues to the project team.
· Build and maintain comprehensive risk-based automation regression test suites and application component breakdown diagrams efficiently.
· Coordinate and lead all aspects of quality engineering and documentation to ensure QE standards and IT controls are meet.
· Create and deliver test artifact communications and collaborate with both technical and non-technical experts proficiently.
· Peer review test artifacts in a positive manner and provide mentoring and training to junior members of the team.
· Ensure that all deliverables are met as planned and meet quality requirements.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· 5+ years of dedicated hands-on experience in software automation testing as a senior team member.
· 3+ years proven experience with API automation and manual testing.
· Outstanding experience in Web Automation Testing using Selenium (Java/Python/C/C++) and framework development and enhancements.
· Experience with API Automation Testing using XML/JSON, SOAP API, REST API, Java and API framework development and enhancements.
· Solid understanding with GIT/Bit bucket (source code management tool) and CI/CD Pipeline
· JIRA integration with automation tools using API
· Solid understanding of SQL.
· Technical experience with design, development, and enhancements of automation frameworks that are covering different technology and application platforms.
· Experience with implementing test automation design and development in Agile environment.
· Ability to meet timelines and perform effectively under pressure.
· Embrace change and demonstrate commitment to simplification and continuous improvement.
· Good verbal and technical writing skills with ability to clearly describe sophisticated processes and tasks.
· Outstanding delivery and problem solving skills - the ability to take a problem from start to finish and drive towards the desired outcome.
· Standout colleague that contributes to creating a positive team culture.
Nice to have:
· Experience with First Time Automation, Digital Test Automation Cross Browser, Mobile and Localization.
· Experience creating/enhancing test automation tools/scripts to enable testing for Test Engineers and Developers.
· Automation experience using Cucumber.
· Experience in the Canadian Personal and Commercial Insurance industry
· Previous Development experience is an asset.
· Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT is required.
· 5+ years’ experience in Software Development and/or Quality Assurance.
· Test Engineering Certification from an industry recognized provider.
What you’ll get
· Choose to work remotely, or on-site from any of our offices across the GTA.
· Flexible working hours to support your work/life balance.
· Minimum 4 weeks of paid vacation, as well as statutory holidays, floater days, and paid time off for volunteering opportunities.
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· A company that supports your professional development with access to comprehensive training and career development programs.
· Annual wellness allowance and company employee discounts.
· Join a collaborative and engaging Quality Engineering team that is committed to continuous innovation, simplifications, improvement and constantly challenging the status quo.
· Work in an environment with a variety of financial applications, innovative automation technologies and testing tools.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.