Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
The Senior Manager, Risk and Quantitative Analytics Risk supports the VP, Enterprise Risk, through reviewing, challenging and catalyzing improvements to the management/mitigation of Risk within Aviva Canada.
The Enterprise Risk team assesses the full spectrum of risks and the combined impact of those risks as an aggregated risk portfolio and is responsible for the review and challenge of the business's assessment and actions which should be taken to manage and mitigate risks. A key role of the Risk team is to help management understand the Risk the organization is taking and why it is taking these risks.
The Enterprise Risk team is also responsible for putting in place the necessary mechanisms to ensure that the risk appetite and framework are aligned with the strategy and used in decision-making across the business. The Manager, Risk and Quantitative Analytics, will also support the VP, Enterprise Risk and CRO. Ensuring that Aviva Canada operates within the approved risk appetite framework and that the appropriate culture, governance, and oversight arrangements are in place to lead the risks to achieve Aviva Canada's objectives effectively.
Come join our team!
What you'll do
· Working with the VP, Risk and AVP Risk and Quantitative Analytics, assist in the effective management of key risks and embedding of risk culture in relation to financial, insurance and model risks
· Provide specialist insight and analysis of the financial and insurance risk profile monitoring through the review and challenge of reports and analysis performed by the first line of defense.
· Support local or global initiatives from a risk perspective.
· Perform analysis to determine if there have been any breaches in risk appetite/limits and material issues and provide an independent opinion of the risk profile and actions which should be taken to manage and mitigate risks.
· Perform risk reviews of reports or analysis, including insurance risk analysis (e.g. pricing analysis, large loss reviews), financial risk analysis (e.g. strategic asset allocation), and integrated quantitative analysis (e.g. economic capital, scenario testing), including production of independent model validation reports
· Contribute quantitative analysis to risk reviews of business plans and other local or global initiatives.
· Coordinate the monitoring of financial metrics in line with the Financial Emergency Response Plan.
· Support the assessment of the adequacy of Aviva Canada's current and future capital and solvency positions.
· Support the team in compliance with Canadian and UK regulations.
· Carry out thematic reviews of current and emerging risks, including liaison with AIL Risk and Group Risk on pan-regional issues.
· Support the successful identification and assessment of emerging risks and support business leaders in identifying appropriate management and mitigation of emerging exposures.
· Help craft Enterprise Risk Management debate and action through proactively engaging senior partners
· Support a continuous improvement culture where lessons learned are shared across the risk function locally and globally.
· Work with colleagues across the business to share risk knowledge and expertise which supports business needs, developing an environment of 'no surprises' through open and clear two-way communication.
· Represent the Risk team on management committees
What you'll bring
· Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent.
· Actuarial Fellowship designation
· Strong actuarial background / significant experience within the actuarial role in the insurance industry or equivalent.
· Experience in actuarial modelling or model validation.
· Solid negotiation and relationship-building skills.
· Broad awareness of regulatory/ accounting regimes and local business environment in Canada
· Three to five years of experience in the property/casualty insurance industry with progressively professional expertise.
What you'll get
· Compelling rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Outstanding Career Development opportunities.
· We'll support your professional development education.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.