Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
As a Western Regional Manager of the ARMS SME (Aviva Risk Management Services, Small/Medium Enterprise) team you will be responsible for the oversight on regional field staff, providing technical support for underwriting central branches and assisting in quality control of third party loss prevention reports.
As part of this role you will be expected to support large SME Middle market risks through account management and field risk surveys annually.
This role is home-based and flexible, with regular travel to client premises and Aviva offices within the region, and on occasions nationally.
What you’ll do
· Oversee team of up to 5-10 ARMS representative’s.
· Manage training, mentoring and peer reviews of regional consultants and service as a technical resource to the ARMS field team.
· Act as the primary contact for Risk Management within the region.
· Lead quality control (QA/QC) of in-house staff and vendors for the region.
· Contribute in regional and national team meetings.
· Participate in ad support regional underwriting management meetings.
· Represent Aviva at broker and customer meetings.
· Provide regular and ongoing progress reporting on regional functions.
· projects and initiatives to further develop technical knowledge of risk management, underwriting and our customers.
· Collaborate with management in developing policies, procedures, service tools, technical resources, techniques and new products in order to support and enhance the delivery of risk and insurance services.
· Assist with the support of large loss reviews.
· Develop and implement service plans and risk improvement strategies.
· Provide risk improvement advice and assist customers in implementing recommendations according to Aviva loss prevention standards and underwriting requirements.
· Develop loss estimates based on Normal Loss Expectancy, Probable Maximum Loss and Maximum Foreseeable Loss.
· Maintain effective relationships with branch AVP’s, key customers and brokers.
· Assist in marketing Aviva risk and insurance products.
· Ensure the central team provides property and casualty account risk services according to ARMS standards (high quality, on-time, and cost effective).
· Conduct and monitor risk engineering surveys and account support according to ARMS/Underwriting SLA requirements.
What you’ll bring
· Engineering degree or college diploma in related technical discipline.
· Strong understanding of fire protection systems (alarm & detection, sprinkler, fire pump and suppression systems).
· Ability to read architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical plans.
· Analytical skills- ability to identify and mitigate adverse trends.
· Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Ability to navigate various IT systems within Aviva including Loss Control 360 and Claims Center.
· Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with peers, customers and industry contacts.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport (or ability to obtain as some international travel maybe required).
· 10+ years conducting property and casualty surveys of complex SME and Middle market risks.
· Strong understanding of property and product liability risks in manufacturing, warehousing and wholesale operations.
· 3+ years experience in managing risk management/loss control team.
· Strong understanding of building/fire codes, NFPA standards and industry recognized standards (Factory Mutual or GE Gaps Guidelines).
· Understanding of Loss Scenario Engineering (MFL/PML/NLE).
· Engineering degree in technical related discipline.
· Strong understanding of property and product liability risks in manufacturing, warehousing, wholesale and retail operations.
· 3+ years in account/portfolio management.
· Experience with contractors and builder’s risk.
· Working towards (or obtained) an advanced technical degree or certification of a professional risk management designation (CET, NICET, CFPS or CRM, CIP).
· Project management.
What you’ll get
· Compelling rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Outstanding Career Development opportunities.
· We’ll support your professional development education.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.