If 2020 has shown us anything, it’s that insurance is ripe for disruption. There’s no better time to stake your claim in transforming an entire industry – and the way customers engage with our products and services – than now. As consumers increasingly expect more choices, we’re on a mission to make insurance easy, provide the best digital customer experience in Canada, and provide our customers a competitive price.
That’s why at Aviva Canada we’re investing over $100 million in our data science, pricing sophistication, and digital transformation strategy. One that demands we connect with extraordinary talent and give their innovative ideas every opportunity to thrive. Do you like to use data to put the customer first? Are you passionate about using advanced analytical techniques and rich data assets? Can you combine data and analytics with deep business knowledge to build meaningful insights, customer journeys and tools that support strategic priorities and help customers defy uncertainty?
When you join our diverse community of outstanding talent, you’ll be gaining an unrivalled opportunity to spearhead our Digital Partnerships business and deliver the best outcome for our customers and strategy.
So if you’re ready to help us redesign the way we do business, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
As a Product Owner for Policy Administration you are accountable for providing centralized leadership and orchestration in the delivery of rate changes and strategic Initiatives impacting Aviva Canada within the mandate of Personal Insurance.
· Lead the intake and prioritization for Personal Lines initiatives for the direct distribution channel on our Guidewire PolicyCenter platform.
· Clearly expressing and managing Product Backlog items.
· Prioritizing the items in the Product Backlog to business value.
· Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team performs.
· Maintaining a Product Backlog that is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next.
· Develop and maintain proven relationships, within functional accountability, cross-functionally, with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure ensures ongoing partnership and collaboration to understand market.
· Work with the RBC Partnership team, Aviva Agency Services and other key internal stakeholders to determine Aviva’s BAU roadmap.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure no regulatory breaches occur and to ensure Aviva’s underwriting appetite is constantly maintained.
· Champion project governance and early risk identification and mitigation throughout project development.
· Lead working teams on complex initiatives fostering an environment of collaboration and high performance through sound leadership practices.
· Lead a small team of BA’s to document business requirements; mentor them on best practices, give advice on definition of done and acceptance criteria on each change
What you’ll bring
· Strong business acumen and proven ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization to gather necessary feedback and prioritize work
· 5 to 10 years Property and Casualty insurance experience, preferred underwriting and pricing background
· Ability to lead and motivate large project teams
· Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally
· Ability to represent Aviva effectively with senior staff from Aviva partners (ie RBC)
· Proficient at generating high quality documentation including user stories, use cases, flow diagrams, and powerpoint presentations
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Independent and able to work effectively with little supervision and a high degree of self-motivation
· Able to balance a large workload and prioritize effectively
What you’ll get
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Exceptional career development opportunities with diverse career paths, including the opportunity for leadership.
· We support your professional development and your investment in academic studies.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.