Aviva Canada Inc. has an excellent opportunity in our Small Medium and Enterprise (SME) commercial insurance business unit. Our Ontario Branch is seeking Junior Commercial Lines Auto Underwriters. In this position, you will service a substantial portfolio of commercial auto business requiring a demonstrated underwriting ability and a commitment to customer service excellence. You will be involved in the underwriting of small business Individually Rated Commercial Auto (IRCA) accounts.
What You’ll Do:
· Assess and evaluate risk for new and existing business (IRCA)
· Share knowledge and skills with others in the branch.
· Analyze reports to determine adequate exposure and loss rating
· Maintain awareness of market trends, pricing levels and policy form amendments
· Negotiate renewal terms for the retention of business
· Utilize loss control and risk management practices in the underwriting process.
· Respond to inquiries from brokers regarding modification to policy files in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Work with brokers to develop new business.
· Develop and maintain excellent broker relationships and management of assigned broker portfolio
· Provide above average customer service
What You’ll Bring:
· 1-3 years of experience working in the insurance industry
· CIP is preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and administration skills
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Good computer skills
· Ability to meet challenging deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
· Knowledge of RTM system is an asset
What you’ll get:
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Start with 4 weeks of vacation
· Exceptional career development opportunities with diverse career paths.
· We support your professional development and your investment in academic studies.
This is a hybrid role open to anyone in Ontario. The selected applicant will be expected to work from one of our Aviva Ontario offices in either London, Oakville, Markham, Toronto or Ottawa on a regular basis.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.