Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
If 2020 has shown us anything, it’s that insurance is ripe for disruption. There’s no better time to stake your claim in redefining an entire industry – and the way customers engage with our products and services – than now. As consumers increasingly expect more choices, we’re on a mission to make getting insurance simpler and cheaper.
As we look to invest over $100 million in redesigning the way we do business, it’s not lost on us that IT is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why ensuring we have the most advance technologies and that we keep bringing in the brightest and best tech talent, is of the utmost importance. Join a team that’s not only doing security patches and upgrades, but also looking at how we can be more streamlined. Delivering forward-thinking service. Supporting our people. All of which means you can expect fantastic exposure to lots of different teams. Interesting, diverse projects. And huge scope to use your creativity. Our products and services could be crafted by you.
Our remit is broad, spanning the highly technical to more project-focused work. You could be taking on business system change projects or infrastructure and architecture plans. Developing new technology. Or providing outstanding IT support to our customers. Architects, Technical Leads, Delivery Leads, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Engineers, Cloud Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Security Analysts are just some of the people who make technical things happen here. For all our roles, we look for creative and strategic problem solvers. People who want to influence how our products and services develop, and who can help us keep our competitive edge. We’re global too. Passionate about digital innovation. So we’re always exploring new technologies – and new possibilities. This is an exciting, inventive and forward-thinking place to be. Ready to keep driving us forward?
The Operational Resiliency Analyst works to ensure that the IT environment and its supported services are well maintained (against vulnerability), through effective management of security patches, and incorporation of resiliency into the landscape. Broader intent of the role is to ensure that the business stability is not impacted by vulnerabilities, patching, or recovery efforts (associated to DR).
What you’ll do
· Proactively support Patch Management through development of technical end-to-end process
· Document all associated procedures/process tied to patch management
· Maintain knowledge & assess available patches across any internal platforms
· Ensure installation & post implementation (testing) of patches to minimize business impact
· Provide technical assistance for queries – within scope of patch management
· Actively engage 3rd party vendors, on vulnerability resolution & Disaster Recovery planning
· Prepare documentation articulating vulnerability breeches (as applicable)
· Work with InfoSec to understand security guidelines, and impact to business units
· Have active input to guidelines, ensuring awareness of broader business impact
· Participate in technical on-call for critical incidents
· Support project/BAU initiatives (as needed), within the role’s scope
· Support business NFR specific to operational resiliency, and actively manage gaps
· Develop solid relationships with the business, work towards the support of all parties
· Take a leadership role towards entrenching a “service culture” within IT
What you’ll bring
· Customer service oriented, able to understand customer need(s)
· Ability to effectively manage and/or work through conflict
· Able to influence peers and business partners effectively
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to lead
· Good interpersonal, collaborative & organizational skills
· College/Bachelor Degree ~ Computer Technology/equivalent
Designations – not a requirement
· ITIL Foundations would be an asset
· Agile Basics
· Proficient in MS Office suite – specifically Excel
· Analytical background and ability to communicate data (effectively)
· High level technical knowledge of server operating systems
· Ability to manage customer expectations & communicate effectively
· Able to make good judgments/decisions after detailed investigation
· Ability to prioritize business need and understand inherent risk
· Can adapt to the needs of various environments and people
· Able to work independently or in a team with minimal direction
What you’ll get
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
· We’ll support your professional development education.
· Be part an exciting and growing team!
· Competitive salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
· Comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision, defined contribution pension plan, share matching plan, personal wellness spending allowance
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Vacation allowance of 15 days plus statutory holidays, personal floater day, and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional vacation days
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.