Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
This role is focused on improving agent and client satisfaction whenever contact is made, our underwriting center is expected to deliver an outstanding client experience.
Come join our team!
What you'll do
· Provide technical support, and underwriting mentorship for agents and brokers on difficult or complicated risks
· Direct contact with customers on risk-related questions and follow-ups
· Working in an Underwriting queue – answer underwriting referrals, authorize binding of policies, apply rules and guidelines in a full production environment.
· Approve cancellations, lapses of renewal policies, re-rating of policies
· Review existing client documents to ensure all action has been taken to improve the profitability and long-term success of our existing portfolio
· Analyze relevant reports (such as home inspections, motor vehicle reports, claims reports) to assess risk and claims exposure
· Underwriters are expected to continuously update soft skills through identified e-learn courses and product/industry knowledge through CIP, FCIP or other related industry accreditations.
What you'll bring
· Two years of personal lines insurance experience
· Preference will be given to candidates working towards their CIP Designation
· Strong negotiations skills
· Demonstrate leadership capabilities
· Drive the Business – think strategically, nurture the brand, make effective decisions
· Know the Customer – build trust and strengthen operations relationship
· Win with People – connect with impact, lead and develop skills and knowledge of all those you come in contact with daily
· Execute with Excellence – cultivate collaboration between teams and between underwriting and other business divisions
· Will to Win – set a clear vision, accept and support challenge and change, influence other and eliminate ambiguity
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent decision making and analytical skills
· Organized and strong time management skills
***Flexibility is necessary as candidates will be required to occasionally work evening shifts and Saturdays***
What you’ll get
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
· We’ll support your professional development education.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.