Cork (County Cork) Personal services
Join the future makers!
Keen to learn? Eager to move ahead?
You can do both when you’re an Aviva Apprentice. An Apprenticeship in Insurance in Aviva allows you to gain professional qualifications while learning on the job and earning a salary, with our programmes offering the perfect way to launch an exciting new career.
We are looking for talented, customer focused individuals who are passionate about moving their career forward. During the 3-year programme you will gain invaluable experience in insurance at one of Ireland’s leading insurers, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional capabilities.
When you join Aviva, you will receive a bespoke induction and will be assigned a business mentor and in house experienced supervisor who will support you throughout the programme. In addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship).
What will I be doing?
We are excited to offer apprenticeships in Underwriting, Claims and Sales Support across our Life and General Insurance businesses. After you submit your application, we will work with you through the process to find the best fit for your capabilities.
Where will I be based?
Apprenticeship placements are available across our Aviva offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway and Cavan. Smart Working is our name for hybrid working. This means working at both the office and at home. Whilst we want to give you flexibility over where, when and how you work, this will depend on the type of role you do and whether your working environment meets certain standards.
Please indicate your preference of base location in your application.
What is the eligibility to join the programme?
The apprenticeship programme is supported by Solas and there are minimum entry requirements to apply as listed below. Please indicate on your application that you meet the criteria.
· 18 years of age or older
· Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
· FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
· Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Closing Date for applications is 21st April 2023, but please submit your application as soon as possible so that we can start you on your Aviva journey today.
· A competitive market leading salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
· Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home (dependent on your role)
· Generous pension (employee contribution matching of up to 14% if you contribute 8%)
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Generous Annual Leave allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· No weekend or evening shifts
· Free car parking
· Generous Health & dental insurance contributions after six months
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme and Approved Profit Share Scheme
· Cycle to Work benefit scheme
· TaxSaver Travel Scheme
· Family friendly parent’s (matching paternity and maternity leave) and carer’s leave.
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Volunteering days
· Professional qualification support and transparent career progression plans
Aviva is for Everyone
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Our smart working combines the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org