We have an exciting career opportunity in the Greater Toronto Area for a High Value Residential Loss Control Representative. We are open to exploring talent with relevant insurance industry work background. You will be responsible for conducting high value residential lines surveys, relating to valuation, liability, and other related exposures.
· Completing onsite visits with our clients to gather information and data to complete detailed reports. This will help determine the replacement cost of high value homes and compliance with our underwriting guidelines
· Surveys will include producing diagrams and forms that will detail building construction data, features, square footage, occupancy information, security and maintenance.
· Being responsible for educating clients about loss prevention options to reduce their exposure to fire, water damage, and losses due to crime and liability.
· Your real passion for meeting clients in person, dealing with diverse personalities and gently providing guidance to insured when needed will help make a positive impact on our business.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Previous experience (5-7 years) in High Value Residential Risk Management and/or Loss Control is desirable
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills are absolutely essential in this role
· Ability to develop appropriate solutions on the fly
· Strong organization and time management skills are vital
· Must be a self-starter and work well independently.
· As a Loss Control Specialist, you will have a balanced degree of autonomy and accountability.
· Experienced in offering risk management solutions
· A valid driver's license (this role provides a company vehicle) is required
· Ability to build and maintain good relationships with insured’s, brokers and underwriters
· Experience using the Apex drawing software program will be an asset
Please note: This is a work from home and field role, visiting clients mostly in the Greater Toronto/Southern Ontario region. On occasion will also involve providing coverage to wider areas of Ontario as well as out of province trips more rarely.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.