Head of Broker Development
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Broker Development to join our tenacious General Insurance Distribution team. You will lead a team accountable for the development of brokers across northern England (North-East & North-West), Scotland & Northern Ireland regions.
The role will coordinate teams within the region with a focus on ensuring first-class relationships, driving growth opportunities, and continuously improving the capability of our people! This will require visibility across all regions on a regular basis.
Please note this role is Homebased with the commitment to travel and be visible across Aviva and broker offices when needed (minimum three times per week)
A bit about the job:
This role is key to our business as you will provide leadership and direction to the team, whilst leading the development and implementation of intermediated sales strategies and plans, to deliver required performance.
Additionally, you will be accountable for:
· Delivering growth across Brokers within the North, Scotland & Northern Ireland region by creating a culture of flawless execution
· Leading Aviva’s senior level relationships with these brokers to develop mutually beneficial partnerships through a commitment to visibility
· Performance management of brokers and our people to maximise financial performance and continuously improve the capability of our broker-facing teams
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Strong Leadership skills, alongside evidence relationship and account management experience, within the General Insurance Broker market
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the UKGI Intermediary industry, issues and dynamics
· The ability to build positive relationships and influence others across a range of business areas and all levels of seniority, both within Aviva and outside
· Strong analytical skills, working with customer relationship management tools, to identify solutions and create actions plans at strategic and tactical level
· Comprehensive understanding of deal construction and broker account performance and able to demonstrate commercial and negotiation skills appropriate to large contracts / deals
What you’ll get for this role:
Our purpose - with you today, for a better tomorrow – is a promise we make to our colleagues too. And one of the ways we live up to that promise is by investing in you. We have so much to offer when it comes to being an Aviva colleague.
· A competitive starting salary (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Bonus opportunity - 25% of annual salary Actual amount depends on your performance and Aviva’s.
· Generous pension scheme - Aviva will contribute up to 14%, depending on what you put in.
· 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, and you can choose to buy or sell up to 5 days
· Make your money go further - Up to 40% discount on Aviva products , and other retailer discounts
· Up to £1,200 of free Aviva shares per year through our Matching Share Plan and share in the success of Aviva with our Save As You Earn scheme
· Brilliantly supportive policies including parental and carer’s leave
· Flexible benefits to suit you, including sustainability options such as cycle to work
· Make a difference, be part of our Aviva Communities and use your 3 paid volunteering days to help others
· We take your wellbeing seriously with lots of support and tools
Take a look to learn more. Put a salary into this calculator to see what your total Aviva Reward could be.
Aviva is for everyone:
We’re inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you. Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility, with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Tawana Chin a call on 07787 251496 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .