Perth (Perth and Kinross)
This is an excellent opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing Development Support team within our Guidewire Platform. Are you someone who can work confidently across Cloud and On-premises technologies, who wants to further enhance your career?
A bit about the job:
Our Development Support team are looking for DevOps Engineers to join our tech driven team. Acting as a DevOps engineer at the heart of the Platform, you will be key to delivering on our Platforms goals in line with our technology priorities.
You will provide support to our wider Platform team to identify and resolve environmental issues to maintain service, whilst promoting Engineering best practices, proposing innovative solutions or alternative approaches to the challenges we face.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Proficient in either AWS (Preferred) or Azure technologies and running a platform at scale
· Understanding of DevOps principles - including CICD and associated technologies
· Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Groovy, Python) and webserver technologies including Apache HTTPD and JBoss EAP
· Be a first-class communicator, encouraging collaboration across the team which spans across multiple locations and disciplines who can also explain the "why" behind complicated technical decisions
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to articulate complex technical problems to a technical and non-technical audience
What you’ll get for this role:
· Starting salary of up to £60,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Aviva will contribute up to 14% to your personal pension (dependent on your contribution)
· Eligibility for annual performance bonus
· Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
· 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
· Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
· 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Tawana Chin a call on 07787 251496 or send an email to email@example.com .