Regional Financial Lines Underwriter – Circa £50,000
The Aviva Regional Speciality Lines team are now looking for a Regional Financial Lines Underwriter, primarily responsible for Professional Indemnity Underwriting to support the development of our account. This is a role built to support our regional capability as we continue to grow our Financial Lines & Cyber offering targeting Regional Brokers, and support succession planning from within the business.
The role can be based anywhere in the UK, but we operate flexibly and would expect you to spend your time in the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home or broker location).
This role will be expected to support the profitable management of our Professional Indemnity UK Financial Lines account at Aviva, whilst driving new business by trading and providing a first-class service to our customers/brokers. The successful person will be bridging the gap between underwriting & our digital, schemes & SME teams looking for ‘outside of the box’ business opportunities, acting as an ambassador for Aviva, promoting and growing business through building a network of broker relationships externally and building relationships internally and being confident and capable of dealing with all levels - from Senior Leadership to Underwriting Assistants, harnessing an inclusive culture.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Underwriting experience of Professional Indemnity in the professions sectors and of complex accounts.
· Underwriting ability in Cyber, Technology or Financial Lines is advantageous.
· ACII is desirable.
· Track record of being responsible for your own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits.
· Strong internal & customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.
What you’ll get for this role:
· Starting salary circa £50,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
· Eligibility for annual performance bonus
· Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
· 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
· Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
· 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alannah Burgess a call on 0121 234 7666 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.