Data Scientist - Starting salary between £25,000 and £37,000
Are you someone who enjoys problem solving, and who is curious about data and the insight that can be gained from it? Typically for this role you will be highly numerate, have a mathematical, science or data background and you will be keen to develop your skills further to become an expert data scientist. You will enjoy working as part of a team and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
A bit about the job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our high-profile data science team which is helping to shape the future of insurance through cutting-edge analytics. The insurance industry is evolving in an age of rapid technological development, and as an organisation Aviva are investing in strengthening machine learning and analytics as a distinctive capability. The team is recognised as a centre of excellence in our Global Data Science Department – providing new data-driven insights that improve decision making across the Aviva Group.
The role will have an R&D focus, looking for creative and innovative ways we can utilise our extensive big data assets together with the latest machine learning techniques to improve our predictive modelling capability in Insurance Pricing. As well as contributing to the R&D agenda, the role will involve working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the alignment of priorities, and maximising the usage of our insights.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Exceptional numerical ability and creative thinker/problem solver.
· Organised self-starter, with drive and commitment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to non-technical audiences.
· Degree/MSc/PhD or equivalent qualification or experience in a Mathematics or Science-based subject is highly desir
· Experience of working with data - either statistical modelling or using a programming language such as Python, SQL, R or C++ or similar.
What you’ll get for this role:
· Starting salary between £25,000 and £37,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
· Eligibility for annual performance bonus
· Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
· 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
· Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
· Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
· 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alannah Burgess a call on 0121 234 7666 or send an email to email@example.com.