Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
Aviva has an excellent opportunity in our Small Medium and Enterprise (SME) commercial insurance business unit. Our Dartmouth Commercial Insurance Branch has an opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter (Property and Casualty).
You will service a portfolio of core commercial insurance business requiring a proven underwriting ability and a dedication to customer service perfection. You will be responsible to underwrite, grow and manage a portfolio of small to mid-sized commercial property and casualty accounts, with premiums up to $25,000+, which will showcase your commercial underwriting knowledge. We are interested in speaking with insightful business minded underwriters who are passionate about service. You will champion excellent relationships through daily management of an assigned broker portfolio.
What You'll Do:
Are you passionate about the successful evaluation, selection, and negotiation of business?
· You will work with brokers to negotiate terms and pricing for new business opportunities and renewal policies in order to insure a profitable book of business within an established underwriting authority
Do you love to build and maintain awareness?
· You will seek to learn and educate on market trends, pricing levels, and policy offerings in the region you service.
How do you respond to inquiries?
· You communicate diligently and professionally with our broker partners to drive the end customer experience and create a meaningful partnership within the portfolio
Do you take calculated risks?
· You are highly skilled in critical thinking and exposure analysis, and use loss control and risk management resources and methodologies as part of your standard process.
What You'll Bring:
· Experienced in both managing and growing a book (renewal and new business underwriting) ensuring profitability
· Experience in underwriting
· Proven ability to work reciprocally and collaboratively with Auto line and other underwriters
· Validated sales acumen, marketing, communication, and negotiation skills
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proficient multi-tasker, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize work while meeting service expectations and other deadlines
· CIP designation or a willingness to complete the designation in a short time frame
What you’ll get
· Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
· Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
· We’ll support your professional development education.
· Hybrid work environment