We are looking for experienced claims handlers to join our Motor Personal Injuries Team in Galway. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining the Motor Claims team, you’ll have a vital role to play. We are looking for individuals with a dynamic approach to Personal Injury Claims, who can provide the highest level of technical expertise and advice to our customers.
The purpose of the role is to assist and support our customers when they need us most by investigating their claim and agreeing a fair settlement within policy and legal liability.
In this role you will:
- Take ownership and deal with customer and claimant demand
- Collaborate with and support your team members by identifying priority work
- Demonstrate an excellent and consistent approach to managing your portfolio of work, ensuring early decision-making
- Negotiate claims settlements for complex, non complex injury and damage claims
- Identify fraudulent cases by gathering & analysing all the critical data and liaise with our fraud teams
- Ensure compliance with all relevant bodies and legislation at all times
The successful candidate will have the ability to make sound judgements and be able to balance the needs of the customer and those of Aviva.
Ideally, you will have:
- APA/CIP Qualification
- Proven experience in Motor Damage and Injury Claims Handling
- Experience in financial services working environment
- Proven negotiation skills with experience in settlement of complex & non complex motor injury claims
- Commitment to the customer environment
- Excellent communication skills
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
This role is within the scope of the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code and the holder of the role is required to have or be working towards one of the following qualification(s):
Certified Insurance Practitioner
Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute
Accredited Product Adviser
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Danielle Stallard-Trueman in the Resourcing team on +44 (0) 121 234 7614 or firstname.lastname@example.org