Asia Equity Analyst - Global Equities - London
We are looking for an equity analyst to join our Equity team in London to cover the developed Asia and Pacific regions across different sectors. The key markets are Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. The role will work closely with a fund manager on several Asia Pacific Funds and help strengthen our fundamental research coverage of companies in the region.
The successful candidate will be part of the Global Equity team of Aviva Investors, where we have a strong focus on ESG. Our global sustainable equity capability seeks to generate style agnostic stock ideas predicated on lasting changes which are under appreciated by the market. We generate these ideas in a connected team approach driven by a common investment research language.
· Conduct fundamental research, including ESG analysis to identify the key value drivers and risk of a business.
· Initiate, and maintain coverage of core stocks in the region while also helping portfolio managers search for new investment opportunities.
· Communicate investment recommendations via written investment case and verbal communications.
· Collaborate with other analysts and portfolio managers across the Equity team and the wider organisation.
· Help with some day-to-day fund
· Passion for equity investment
· Previous depth of experience required in equity research experience within the buyside or analytical experience within investment banking.
· Strong analytical skills and abilities in financial modelling and company valuation.
· Previous coverage of developed Asia and Pacific equities, especially Australia is a plus but not necessary.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
In this role you’ll be ‘Certified’ under the Financial Conduct Authority / Prudential Regulation Authority’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR). This means that we’ll need to complete some regulatory background checks on you before you take up your role and we’ll need to ask you some questions on an annual basis to make sure you remain ‘fit and proper’ and competent to carry out your role. We’ll provide training on what holding a SMCR role means when you join us and annually thereafter.
Working at Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to GlobalRecruitment@avivainvestors.com
* As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.