Aviva Canada Inc. has two excellent Actuarial 6 month contractor opportunities, in our Commercial Pricing team (Commercial P&C Pricing team and Large Account Pricing team). The primary purpose of the Commercial Pricing team is to ensure profitable growth for the commercial book of business. As part of the team, you will be involved in reviewing our current price level, monitoring the performance of various regions and on various business initiatives, projecting underwriting and claims experience, assessing the business impact of proposed initiatives, and developing pricing tools for underwriters.
Depending on your assignment, you will work closely with other members of the actuarial team and underwriters to provide pricing support for our commercial products. You will potentially have opportunities to work with Operational managers and finance partners on some assignments that require collaboration between different departments.
These roles will start off as work from home, gradually will be required to work in the Markham, Ontario office location.
· Review loss experience of the commercial business and prepare rate indications for various segments and large accounts.
· Analyse business impact of potential initiatives or pricing changes. Prepare presentations or exhibit to the relevant stakeholders, underwriters and senior management.
· Monitor the performance of various regions, segments and on various business initiatives. Identify key trends and communicate to regions on their competitiveness, growth and profitability performance. Recommend actions in order to achieve profit and growth targets. Design monitoring reports necessary to evaluate progress.
· Maintain and improve SAS data procedures. Identify data issues and create actions to remedy them.
· Support technical development required to build and maintain rating tools for underwriters
· Provide actuarial pricing and technical support to other actuarial teams and to stakeholders outside of actuarial including finance, underwriting and business development.
· Ensure Technical Pricing Standard is applied throughout the pricing work
· Act as a technical expert and work comfortably in a team environment, provide supports to peers in the team
· Communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
· Strong mathematical and statistical background
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Communicate ideas/decisions clearly
· 2 to 4+ years of P&C actuarial experience depending on the role
· Proficient in programming, with experiences in SAS, Access, and VBA a plus
· Passed at least 2 CAS exams
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.