[Remote] Linux System Administrator
Timişoara (Municipiul Timişoara)
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 112,000 employees and annual revenue of c. € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea) and listed on Euronext Paris.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator to join our team
You must have the drive to develop high-quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of our operations team, where your skills and contributions to manage our solutions and supporting tools will be very visible. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• English proficiency;
• Ability to work on-call in production environments;
• Minimum 3 years of practical experience in Linux/Unix Systems Administration;
• Operating systems: Linux (Suse, CentOS / RedHat), identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O
• Software package installing: RPM/Yum;
• Linux system administration (packages, users, ACLs, resource management, securing base installations, discovering basic hardware issues, ...)
• Experience with command-line tools (AWK, sed, grep) and one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls, and an overview of load balancing clusters
• Understanding and usage of IT tools such as BSA/Flexera/Nagios/monitoring tools;
• Experience in working with hypervisors (VMWare, Xen, KVM) – an advantage
• Ansible, Chef, Puppet Automation tools, SELinux– an advantage;
• Networking: Configure Interfaces, Bonding, Add routes, NFS, Samba
• Install, configure, test and patch operating systems including security packages,
• Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable, participate in support for production issues and upgrades, and pre-production installations at varying levels;
• Monitor services that are provided to customers;
• Work to resolve a running queue of system related support tickets and debug complex problems as they arise.
• Available for Oncall activities -standby support outside business hours
• Very good communication abilities;
• Team spirit;
• Availability to short/long delegation;
• High sense of priority, works on multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver the encouraged results within the agreed timelines;
• Initiative and fast learning Abilities;
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.