The Enterprise Operation Centre (EOC) Service provides remote centralized monitoring for IT services. Monitoring is provided for hardware and software infrastructure to ensure that any
exceptions that arise are identified and handled promptly by the operations team.
EOC Service monitors devices proactively through the use of tools and if alarms are detected,
appropriate actions will be taken by the operations engineers on duty.
Effective monitoring is accomplished by the relevant tools polling the monitored devices at periodic intervals. Monitoring can be also extended by fault management and operational control.
An operations engineer is responsible for the monitoring of infrastructure and applications including server, network, storage, backup, database and applications, delivered on a full remote basis, running on 12-hour shifts with the team covering 24-by-7.
· Diploma or Bachelor Degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent
· Relevant foundation training/certification is an added advantage – example, ITIL Foundation
The activities and tasks to be undertaken by operations engineers (also known as operators) are to:
· Monitor, execute and control processing on the required computing platforms and equipment so that IT services and output are delivered in accordance with the prescribed standards, procedures, security, and service level requirements.
· Monitor, execute and control all online and batch processing in accordance to production schedules on the required computing platforms.
· Gather and process all input files and transactions in accordance to the laid-down procedures.
· Execute and control the required computer reports, including electronically transmitted reports via
· Update all tickets, registers, logs and checklists accurately after performing the necessary tasks
· and actions.
· Take and receive all customer and support calls in a professional and courteous manner as well as providing relevant and authorized information/status/updates within the scope of EOC-KL.
· Perform callouts and escalation as per the work instructions and/or when the situation requires it by communicating the appropriate information effectively to the relevant support and/or customer.
· Log incident tickets and assign them to the correct support groups for alerts/messages as and when the procedures and situations require such actions, in a timely manner within the agreed response time.
· Undertake tasks and perform work in accordance to the scope of services provided by EOC-KL
· Participate in Disaster Recovery and other scheduled activities for EOC-KL and the respective customers/accounts, held at the Offsite DR Centre or BCP Site.
· When required, provide Service line services during non-Service line hours.
· Ensure effective escalation of problems to seniors/team leads/shift leaders, and responsible for seamless hand-over of work to colleagues in the subsequent shift.
· Ensure that all access into systems/applications/tools and physical access to the Command Centre (also known as EMC-KL work area) is in accordance to EMC Operations standards and compliant to ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems – absolutely no sharing of user ID, passwords, token and access tag.
· Monitor all internal hardware, software (tools) and environmental equipment and escalate incidences of any failure to respective team leaders and/or shift leaders/team managers
· Perform housekeeping and other tasks assigned by the Shift Leader/Team Manager from time to
· Pack and control delivery of vital records to offsite storage locations
· Keep up to date with changes in the IT systems of the customer and industry
· Provide inputs to resolve customer complaints and dissatisfaction issues
· Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies
· Assist with the coaching and development of new and less experienced staff