Description de l'offre
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new-generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries, with nearly 45 years of experience, Worldline supports and contributes to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services, Mobility & e-Transactional Services and Financial Services including equensWorldline. Worldline employs more than 9,400 people worldwide, with estimated pro forma revenue of more than € 1.5 billion on a yearly basis. Worldline is an Atos company. worldline.com
This position will join a dynamic team focused on engineering and operating Worldline Cloud Services platforms that are the basis for its many products and services across technologies and markets. The platforms supported are based on commodity hosting and cloud technologies and is managed as a product and service supporting the business products and services Worldline sells to customers and consumers.
The organisational environment embraces a DevOps and Agile approach to projects and ITIL service management. The current platform has internal virtual hosting and cloud hosting PaaS and IaaS platforms, generally utilising open source technologies that also integrate with legacy platforms as required.
The team need an experienced DBA to work across projects and services as the team take on more responsibilities in this area. This will mainly be using Oracle database technologies at first with an aim to extend to MySQL, MS SQL, NoSQL, Redshift and other cloud database technologies (with training) to establish a full knowledge of the DBA role in a progressive company.
The successful candidate will provide DBA support, mainly Oracle, to both the external and internal customers across Worldline.
The successful candidate will, on Oracle platforms:
· Provide 3rd level technical support for Worldline databases
· Setup of databases in various environment types, e.g. development, test, and production
· Plan and undertake database maintenance and support activities as agreed with the customer or internal organizations
· Contribute Oracle technical support advice to other teams as required, for example to assist with bids
· Deploy and maintain database monitoring
· Monitor database capacity and usage
· Assist with the design, testing and implementation of disaster recovery routines and proceduresincluding travel to customer sites as required
· Administrate Oracle databases
· Support application developers and other internal customers
· Support customers remotely, diagnose problems and implement solutions
· Visit customers when required for installation and troubleshooting
· Assist with installation and platform testing
· Follow processes/plans, review and update documentation
· Follow ITIL and other service processes to ensure consistent delivery of support
The successful candidate will also Work with other Cloud Services team members to grow our Database knowledge and services to include MySQL, MS SQL, Redshift and other cloud database technologies (training will be provided to assist with this)
Essential / Minimum Criteria
· Experience of working in DBA teams as a team member and individually
· Oracle Database Administration, specifically:
· Oracle certification
· Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard.
· Recent experience of managing large multi-TB Oracle 10g / 11g databases.
· Knowledge of Backup and Recovery techniques and using Oracle RMAN, Flashback and other methods.
· Installation and use of High Availability and Disaster Recovery components; Oracle GRID Infrastructure / Clusterware.
· Installation and use of Oracle ASM (as well as traditional file system storage).
· Database Load and Transformation Techniques (SQL Loader, Data Pump, External Tables).
· Understanding of the maintenance and support aspects of databases.
· Administrating AWS cloud based Oracle 12c Database environments, both production and development.
· Working with DevOps staff to proactively ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production database environments.
· System troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Designing and implementing database schema extensions / improvements.
· Developing, managing and testing database back-up and recovery plans.
· Upgrading / patching database systems.
· Database performance tuning.System capacity planning.
· Support for developers in writing performant database queries as part of application or batching processing jobs
· Oracle Database adminstrator with experience on 12c
· PL/SQL and PL/SQL optimisation, data modelling,
· Custodianship of live Oracle 10g, 11g, or 12c instances (12c preferred)
· DB Security design, implementation and monitoring
· Application security
· Oracle Advanced replication
· Oracle Data Guard
· RAW devices
· Initialisation parameters
· Willingness/ability to learn new DB technologies
· Good analytical skills and an ability to define the precise nature of customer problems
· Experience of working in a disciplined development and/or support environment
· Able to establish a good rapport with a range of business and technical colleagues.
· Able to work independently or as part of a team, depending on the nature of the task in hand
· Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and self-development
· AWS experience
· Experience with ETL and data cleaning
· Microsoft MCSE
· MySQL, MSSQL. NoSQL
· Windows OS
· Linux OS
· Oracle OCP
· VMWare or other virtualization technologies
· IBM mainframe connectivity
· Telecommunications and networking
· Ability to provide mentoring and advice to less experienced staff
· Agile project methods
Experience of working in a distributed delivery environment.
Knowledge of the UK Rail Industry would be an advantage but training and support can be provided.
Why work at Worldline?
Our success comes from strong skills, new ideas, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent our Human Capital, they are also key players in our success. We make managing our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
But, at Worldline, we do more than just managing our talents. It is our top priority to involve them, inspire them, and develop them. In line with our guiding principle “Build your career and grow with us”, it is our mission to ensure that their potential can grow and flourish through the numerous development programs and career opportunities we offer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.