Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
About Atos + Google Cloud
Atos is a Technology Partner of Google – We don’t just resell or build on top of Google products, we invest in developing joint solutions and bringing innovation to the market
Google has multiple partners that can “sell”, “deploy” and “run” their technology - we play all 3 roles
Google Cloud is one of our Enhanced Alliances – GCP becomes Atos preferred public cloud target for IaaS and PaaS services – Atos integrates GCP as part of its standard and default Canopy orchestrated hybrid cloud offerings – Google and Atos both heavily invest in the Alliance: – Google is funding training of Atos workforce in Cloud, DWP and AI, through an extensive sales training program and large number of certifications – We built a joint go-to-market strategy, where Google Professional Services Organisation (PSO) supports us in pitching to customers – Jointly developing products and services leveraging Google and Atos technologies
As part of the Canopy Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud services, customers will be able to deploy the same applications and services to either Google Cloud or a private, on-premise, cloud environment: Digital Private Cloud Open Platform (DPC – OP), built on Open Source components. This role is part of a new team of cloud developers who will design and deliver the DPC – OP solution.
Working as part of an Agile team the successful candidate will help translate the Business Features in the DPC – OP Roadmap into agile stories, and to develop programmatic solutions which transform those stories into working code which creates value for the customer.
The DPC – OP team comprises architects, developers, QA & Test managers, scrum masters, and subject matter experts.
The core technologies underpinning DPC-OP include:-
· GCP, Kubernetes, GKE, ISTIO, Ubuntu, KVM, Openstack, OpenShiftt, Stackdriver, Ansible, Apigee, Pub/Sub, Kafka, TensorFlow, DialogFlow
The agile toolset includes:-
· AHA!, jira, bitbucket, Jenkins
· Self-organizing agile scrum team committed to delivering high quality cloud products and services
· Elaborate requirements (‘ features’ ) into SMART User Stories
· Extreme Programming ( XP ) approach ( User Stories, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing )
· Buy-Not-Build mentality; focus on where we add unique Atos value; leverage Google technologies wherever possible
· Co-location in Atos London office (MCP)
· Software Engineering
· Google Cloud Platform including GKE
· Kubernetes and Docker
· API Development and Integration
· Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate the precise nature of any given situation appropriately to the target audience whether technical or non-technical.
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
· Ability to appraise and quality assure the work produced by others.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Methodical and disciplined approach to work
· Able to organise and prioritise work effectively;
· Ability to develop strong working relationships;
· Able to work well in a team;
· Provide technical leadership and ability to influence others;
· Sound time management skills;
· Ability to work from own initiative;
· Ability to work flexibly.
· Good interpersonal skills and customer handling skills
· High degree of accuracy andattention to detail
· Able to give specific and clear instructions and problem-solving advice;
Other qualificaitons and experience:
· Fully understand standard architecture methodologies, processes and best practices.
· Account and end-customer relationship development and influencing skills.
· Any of the following memberships/accreditations would also be advantageous: British Computer Society, Institution of Engineering and Technology, MSc.
· Proven skills designing infrastructure solutions across all of the IT stack within a Cloud service.
· Experience of working for an organisation in the IT services or consultancy arena.
· A solid background in a combination of infrastructure / data centre / networks / storage workplace / Identity / Sharepoint / Unified Comms / Disaster Recovery / Collaboration / Virtualisation / Sustainability (Greener IT) / Security Technology arenas.
· Good understanding of Cloud services including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
· Experience of leading successful technical outcomes and taking ownership of issue resolution.
· Demonstrable performance of GCM competencies to relevant GCM level as defined in performance Management Guidelines
· Professional Qualifications in relevant technology sectors VCP, VCAP, VCDX, AWS, Azure
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.