2017 Software Intern - Applications Engineering (Summer)Job Description
As a Software Application Engineering intern you will learn about a wide range of ARM technologies, particularly software development tools, processor models and the ARM architecture. You will use that knowledge to help troubleshoot issues and develop documentation such as application notes, tutorials or example code.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop broad technical skills and experience working with engineers across ARM.
What will I be accountable for?
You will enable ARM’s partners through a range of activities:
· Investigating technical issues encountered by ARM’s customers
· Writing guides, tutorials and FAQs
· Providing feedback to the product development teams to improve future products
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· Currently studying for a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or similar.
· Knowledge of embedded software development, preferably including low level HW/SW interface coding in assembly and C, testing and debugging
· C or C++ programming skills
· An understanding of processor architecture, microarchitecture, and memory systems.
· Understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
· Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
· Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
· Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
· Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
· Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
· Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
· Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
· Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
· Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
· Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
· Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
· Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply by 11th December to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person
Please note we are recruiting for multiple vacancies
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.