- 2017 Software Applications Engineer - Customer Support
- Cambridge (United Kingdom)
2017 Software Applications Engineer - Customer SupportJob Description
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
ARM’s Partner Enablement Group (PEG) has the charter to ensure success for ARM’s customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through innovative services.
This software engineering role offers an excellent mix of technical development and customer interaction, through providing ARM customers with support and training on the ARM Architecture, development tools and modelling technologies. You will be assisting engineers from the world’s leading semiconductor companies in development of state of the art ARM based devices.
The major responsibilities of this role include:
· Investigating and resolving customer issues
· Helping to improve ARM’s products by providing input to the development teams
· Writing and reviewing documentation including user guides, application notes and FAQs
· Providing in-depth technical training at customer sites worldwide, providing an opportunity to travel several times a year
Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Degrees in other areas will be considered if applicant has relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
· Experience in embedded software development, including low level HW/SW interface coding in assembly and C, testing and debugging
· Strong and demonstrable C++ programming skills
· A strong understanding of processor architecture, microarchitecture, and memory systems
· Understanding of the interaction between software and hardware
· Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks
· Ability to work well within a team
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Understanding of multi-core or multi-processor systems
· Experience with embedded operating systems such as Linux or Android
· Knowledge of System C and Transaction Level Modelling (TLM)
· Customer focussed
· Results driven individual
· Excellent written skills
· Excellent communication skills
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.