ARM is looking for talented and enthusiastic graduates with the ambition to take a leading role in our IT department. You will be someone who is able to quickly integrate into a dedicated and highly skilled group of IT professionals.
Within ARM, the Information Technology (IT) group maintains and supports a wide range of services, applications and platforms to assist the business to achieve its mission and corporate goals. Supporting such a diverse global business with demanding computing needs, provides the IT group with an interesting and challenging work environment. IT has a great opportunity to investigate all of the various technologies and devices that are built around ARM’s IP with the goal to implement them in the corporate environment.
What you’ll be doing
You will enter a 2-year program working within a multidisciplinary Data Science team. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the data science team to invent, prototype and deploy solutions to complex business problems
• Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytics systems
• Validating and tracking performance of deployed models
• Ability to rapidly prototype and deploy solutions in Python
• Proficiency in using SQL to gather and manipulate data
• Data-oriented personality and excellent communication skills
• Applied statistics skills, such as sampling, hypothesis testing, regression, classification, clustering, etc.
• Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, D3.js, etc.
• On track to receive or have received a degree in a relevant degree subject or equivalent qualification
• Ability to use data science tools and languages, including Python, R, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Azure ML, NLTK, networkx, pandas, scipy, etc
• Exposure to natural language processing, Bayesian statistics, optimisation, reinforcement learning, deep learning in coursework
• Good understanding of software development workflow, such as Git usage, unit testing, etc.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
In order to be considered, you will need to be on track to receive or have received at least a 2:1 (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant degree subject and demonstrate the following attitudes/behaviors:
• Flexibility to prioritise tasks
• Commitment to quality service delivery
• Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Ability to communicate ideas both written and verbally
• Ability to solve complex problems in reasonable time
• Ability to work as part of a global team
• Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
• Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
Why work for ARM?
As well as a friendly and high performance working environment, ARM offers a competitive benefits package in the UK including relocation (where applicable), shares, annual bonus, medical cover, 25 days annual leave, sabbatical every four years, pension and a flexible working policy.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. Start date for this role is September 2017 but in some cases we may consider an earlier start date.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Open date: 25th April 2017
Close date: 22nd May 2017
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.