This is a tremendous opportunity to become a part of the ARM Cambridge Design Centre on a 12-month industrial placement. You will join a small and talented team enjoying the opportunity to innovate and make significant contributions, whilst employing leading-edge technologies and methodologies.
This successful team has been central to the development of recent products including Cortex-A53 (part of big-LITTLE), through to the smallest and most energy efficient Cortex-M0+ processors.
Our work drives RTL development for next generation microprocessors as well as providing key information for our sales and marketing activities.
The physical implementation team is actively working on leading-edge transistor processes including FinFETs, as well as influencing physical library development, leading-edge processes and EDA development.
What will I be accountable for?
· Physical implementation of ARM processors
· Investigation of the trade-offs involved in CPU implementation
· Develop and deploy new methodologies to improve efficiency of implementation
· Customer interaction including sales and support
· Realising R&D concepts
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· In order to be considered, you will be on track to receive at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
· Excellent communication skills: listening, understanding, persuading
· Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
· Good analytical skills along with the ability to “think out of the box”
· Knowledge of Unix, Perl, Python, Tcl and VHDL/Verilog would be useful but not required
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.