2017 Graduate Modelling Software EngineerJob Description
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
ARM is looking for a skilled and motivated engineer to join the team that is modelling ARM’s next generation architectures and devices. You will create C++ software models of leading edge ARM technologies that will power future systems in markets such as data centres, mobile communications and the Internet of Things (IoT). You will join an experienced multinational development team located in Cambridge, UK.
We produce highly efficient simulation models of new ARM architectures, processors, and embedded systems. These models start their story early in the product life-cycle. Our products are key to the hardware design and software development work of many teams within ARM; they are also delivered to ARM's partners to accelerate their development. The models are distributed with configuration and analysis tools and can be integrated into standard SystemC and RTL environments. Your work will help to influence decisions during the design and development of ARM's emerging technologies.
What will I be accountable for?
You will work as part of a team developing and debugging high performance models of ARM’s leading edge IP and systems, the core simulation software and integration tools.
Key objectives of this role include:
· Developing, testing and maintaining high speed software models for ARM’s advanced CPU and system level IP.
· Creating Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
· Supporting internal and external users of ARM models.
· Co-operation with ARM architects and engineering teams working on advanced architectures, hardware design, software design, and validation.
· Helping to produce and execute model development plans in conjunction with project management and engineering peers.
· Contributing to the continuous improvement of ARM modelling methodologies.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential Skills & Experience
· You will be expecting to achieve a degree in Computer Science or a similar subject.
· You will have had hands-on experience coding in C++, or very strong skills in at least one other language and an ability to learn quickly.
· You should have a good understanding of computer architecture.
Desirable Skills & Experience
Highlighting where your abilities may match up with any of those listed below will be useful in assessing applications:
· Experience with Linux, scripting and source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion).
· Experience of cross-platform development under Linux and Windows.
· Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
· Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.