2017 Graduate Information Developer/Technical Writer
2017 Graduate Information Developer/Technical WriterJob Description
ARM is the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier. The ARM Technical Communications group is responsible for producing and maintaining customer-facing technical documentation for all ARM products. As a result of expanding operations, the Technical Communications group is now seeking a proactive, detail-orientated person to join our technical documentation teams. This is a wonderful opportunity to develop both technical skills and writing skills in a dynamic environment.
What will I be accountable for?
To promote and demonstrate the ARM core beliefs and behaviours, the successful candidate will be accountable for a variety of tasks that are broadly defined as follows:
· Writing technical content in collaboration with ARM’s product development teams.
· Structuring and organising information in a manner appropriate to the method of delivery.
· Working closely with the product development teams to obtain source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with subject matter experts.
· Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end users.
· Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
· Ensuring that content maximises comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision and technical accuracy.
· Incorporating review comments.
· Ensuring that technical content complies with corporate standards.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to be on track to receive, or have received, at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree, or to have an advanced degree in a relevant subject. Degrees that are relevant to this position include, but are not limited to:
· Computer Science
· Electrical and Electronic Engineering
· Science subjects
· Demonstrable evidence of an active interest in technology, and a willingness to learn about ARM’s products
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· The ability to maintain rigour and precision while producing and editing highly-specialised material
· Creativity and an open mind
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
· Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
· MS Visio
· HTML or XML
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Flash animation tools
· Computer mathematics
· A programming or scripting language
· A version control tool
· One or more ARM products
· Microprocessors at an architectural level
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
· Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
· Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
· Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
· Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
· Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
· Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
· Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
· Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
· Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
· Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
· Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
· Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.