About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated graduate to join our Systems and Software Group. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the implementation team providing valuable feedback to RTL teams or assisting in the silicon tapeout of testchips or development platforms.
The Systems and Software Group provides a focus on implementation for various interconnect IP, memory controllers, sub-systems and silicon development platforms. The SSG group works with relevant front-end teams to drive the quality of the IP and its interoperability. The group is also responsible for the development of a small number of development platforms which includes IP from all of the groups within arm e.g. CPU clusters and graphics cores.
The work within the physical implementation team drives RTL development for the next generation ARM-based System on Chip designs as well as providing key information for our sales and marketing activities. We are actively working on leading-edge transistor processes including FinFETs, pushing power, performance and area envelopes; as well as influencing physical library development, leading-edge processes and EDA development.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of the ARM Sheffield Design Centre. You will be part of a small and talented team, giving you the opportunity to innovate and make a significant contribution.
What will I be accountable for?
· Physical design and implementation of ARM IP
· Investigating design trade-offs in performance, power and area in implementation to enhance quality of RTL
· Analyze design timing and power to ensure IP is best in segment
· Develop and deploy new methodologies to improve implementation efficiency and results
· Feedback to the IP design teams and presentation to marketing
· Customer interaction including sales and support
· Promoting and demonstrating the ARM core beliefs and behaviours
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
In order to be considered, you will need to be on track to receive, or have achieved a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant technical discipline.
Essential skills and experience:
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
· Strong team player
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be motivated to continually develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities to contribute to the design centres success
· Knowledge of digital circuits.
· Knowledge of physical electronic devices.
· Experience in some programming languages (for example, C/C++, Python).
· The ability to think laterally, solve problems independently, and create novel solutions – not just incremental ones
Desirable skills and experience:
· Understanding of computer and system architecture concepts.
· Knowledge of the physical implementation of microchips.
· Competency in Verilog or VHDL.
· Knowledge of Unix and Tcl
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.