2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & Verification (Imaging and Video)
2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & Verification (Imaging and Video)Job Description
We are looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers interested in a career in digital design and verification. While working in ARM's Imaging and Video Group (IVG) you will be shaping the future of technology and collaborating in the development of the next-generation image and video IP systems that will fuel billion of devices world-wide.
What will I be accountable for?
There are open graduate design and verification roles at ARM IVG. The successfully candidate will be responsible for delivering ARM IVG’s new hardware IP designs. These designs will be used extensively in consumer devices such as mobile phones and tablets, as well as in numerous other areas such as in the next generation intelligent camera and display systems for Automotive, IoT, and Security markets.
Working in ARM IVG requires a candidate to be creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about new technologies. Our engineers create products that provide world-class features and performance.
Our graduate hardware engineers start working immediately on real project tasks with the help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, our goal for every graduate engineer is to quickly learn about the different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, to start contributing to different project tasks, and ultimately to develop into an expert in the field.
You will be working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment, and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with different groups through the graduate rotation programme.
What will your role be?
• You will be creating the specifications for the next generation of ARM’s imaging and video products, analysing the trade-offs between different options via modelling in Matlab, C++, or RTL.
• You will be developing IP using RTL code, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
• You will be verifying that IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in SystemVerilog, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and applying formal methods.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
In order to be considered for the open graduate design and verification roles at ARM IVG, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
The essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design and Verification Graduate include:
• An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design and/or verification
• A keen interest in imaging and video systems
• Familiarity with high-level simulation languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
The desirable skills include:
• Knowledge of one or more of the following: digital photography, CMOS/CCD Sensors, image signal
processing, computational intelligence, HDR display technology, video compression, systems
• Knowledge of design techniques for minimising area, power, and memory bandwidth
• Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal verification)
• Experience with programming languages such as: Matlab, C/C++
• Familiarity with the UNIX OS environment and shell programming/scripting in Tcl, Perl, Python, etc.
• Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
• Experience writing technical documentation
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication, and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade, and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Level of education required: Bachelor's Degree