2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design and Verification
2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design and VerificationJob Description
We are looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers interested in a career in digital design and verification. At ARM you will be shaping the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation GPU, CPU and Systems IP that fuel billion of devices world-wide.
Design & Verification Graduates Roles at ARM
There are graduate design and verification roles within the three groups which are responsible for delivering ARM’s new hardware IP designs. As follows:
· The CPU Group is focused on mainstream processors ranging from high-end cores to micro-controllers.
· The Media Processing Group is focused on graphics, video and display processors.
· The Systems Group is focused on the interconnect and systems IP that is critical to achieving high performance system-on-chip designs.
Together these components are used extensively in consumer devices such as mobile phones and tablets as well as in numerous other electronic products from sensors to servers.
Working in one of the hardware IP groups, you will need to be creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies. Our engineers create products across the range of ARM’s IP portfolio providing world class performance and low power.
Graduate hardware engineers immediately start working on real project tasks with help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that every graduate engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field.
You will be working in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with different groups through the graduate rotation programme.
What will your role be?
• You will be creating the specifications for the next generation of ARM’s IP products, analysing the trade-offs between different options via modelling in C++ or RTL.
• You will be developing the IP in RTL, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
• You will be verifying that IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in SystemVerilog, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and formal methods.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design and Verification Graduate include:
• An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
• A keen interest in processors and digital systems
• Understanding of computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts
• Familiarity with high-level simulation languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills include:
• Knowledge of one of the following: ARM architecture, GPU architecture, Systems architecture
• Knowledge of design techniques for low power
• Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
• Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally ARM assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
• Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
• Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Level of education required: Bachelor's Degree
Discover the Company Page
- Graduate job
- 2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & Verification (Imaging and Video)
- By Arm
- Loughborough (United Kingdom)