About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate engineer in our Media System Architecture group in Cambridge. You’ll need to have architecture and software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to challenge yourself and make your mark delivering industry leading media system IP.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be working with other world-class architects on advanced media architecture explorations including:
• Exploration and analysis of system level media architecture (including hardware, memory systems and system software)
• Performance modelling and analysis of application, benchmarks and games
• Developing and enhancing innovative features and supporting tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
For this position you will have a Masters (minimum. 3.5 GPA or equivalent) or a PhD in the field of Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering. You could also have a Bachelors degree with strong track record of related projects/papers.
· Strong programming experience in C, C++ and scripting
· A background in computer architecture.
· A strong ability to think creatively and communicate effectively in a global team environment will be essential.
· Preferably, you will also have some background or experience in Computer Graphics, media processing or machine learning.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.