Since opening our first shop in 1869, we've made a lot of Christmases merry and bright. Over the last 150 years, our food and drink offer might have changed, but our passion for outstanding customer service remains just as strong. You'll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
If you’re great at being on hand to help out, you’ll feel right at home joining us as one of our Trading Assistants. Day-to-day, you’ll support your Sainsbury’s store working where you’re needed the most.
In this role, you’ll be focused on the important task of sorting and replenishing stock, as well as code checking across our produce, fresh foods and dry goods and unloading deliveries. Don’t worry – we’ll train you up on everything you need to know. And you’ll also be doing the most important job there is – making things simpler for colleagues and customers alike.
Part of a close-knit, dedicated team all working and winning together, you’ll always have support on hand; but we’ll also trust you to use your own initiative. It’s about making a difference to everyone around you.
What’s great is that you don’t need to bring any specific experience to this role – you just need to bring your best attitude to work, make things happen at pace and overall be yourself. You’re friendly, you love helping people and it really shows. Plus, you’re comfortable with the idea of learning to use new technology and gadgets to do your job – and to do it very well.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
· Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
· Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 - to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks' service, we will uplift your Sainsbury's discount to 15% at Sainsbury's from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
· Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
· Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
· Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
· Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
· Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
· Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
· Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
· Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.