1. Manage a team of Data Processing Associates on overall performance
2. As a supervisor, you will also act as SME/Escalation point on the below tasks of your Data Processing Associates
o Annotation of all types of data o Pixel annotation
o Provide judgement on image, video and audio tasks: o Identify and Transcribe of human speech
o Quality checking of data
o Data Collection
o Call outs, research or data processing.
o Adherence to Data & Information Security or ISO standards, DPA and all other global requirements on data security of Appen.
o Reports of summary of tasks accomplished.
3. Conduct training for process updates as needed
4. Responsible for meeting and exceeding targets set by projects.
5. Leads a continuous improvement culture on a continuous project.
6. Assist in site related activities where leadership and supervision are required.
7. Ensures that Core values of Appen are practiced at all times across the team.
8. Provides overall leadership, employee morale and motivation on operations floor
9. Provides weekly report on team performance to its superiors in a timely manner
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role Apply Now!
Use the link below:
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
• Must be able to work on-site in Plano, TX
• Able to work for 40 hours/week
• Must have team management experience
• At least fluent in the English language
• Agreeable to a full-time contract
• Can start ASAP
Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video.
We have deep expertise in more than 180 languages and dialects, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000 skilled contractors.
Appen partners with leading technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.