Would you like to be part of a team focused on worldwide go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you have the business operations and program management skills needed to help further establish AWS as the leader in the Media & Entertainment industry?
As the Industry Operations Manager for the Media & Entertainment specialist team within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the development of internal goals and milestones, KPIs to measure the progress of the team, and support the team on reporting mechanisms that feed into KPIs and monthly reporting. Your responsibilities will include designing and owning reporting mechanisms, and support go-to-market (GTM) programs and strategic planning to accelerate AWS cloud adoption throughout the Media & Entertainment industry. You will work closely with the vertical global leadership teams, regional GTM and worldwide operations teams, and other AWS stakeholders. You must be comfortable working with cross-functional and global teams to build consensus, as many of the mechanisms you drive will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS.
The right candidate has been successful in a business operation, program or project management function for a global organization in an IT environment, possesses strong analytical skills, excels working with data and creating reports, and has exceptional writing and communications skills. The candidate has a proven track record of simultaneously driving multiple priorities, a customer-focused approach, affinity for fast paced entrepreneurial environment, has a strong sense of ownership, and is detail oriented. Such candidate has experience working with Media & Entertainment customers or related industries, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Media & Entertainment Worldwide Business Development team to lead overall operational functions, including mechanism implementation, monthly reporting and leadership health of business reviews.
- Excel working with and analyzing data in Salesforce CRM and Tableau; diving deep in identifying anomalies, trends and making recommendations to increase effectiveness of the industry team.
- Participate with strategic planning and support the creation of strategy narratives capturing AWS industry solution priorities, target customers and needed investments.
- Own and deliver standardized monthly executive metrics reports, leveraging supporting data insights tools to provide the industry leadership teams with relevant and timely insights.
- Effectively execute on business priorities, dive deep into data, look around corners and continuously look for areas to simplify.
- Program manage key planning cycles including tracking progress/completion and driving internal team reviews and meetings.
- Manage and curate content repositories for internal communications and stakeholder engagement, together with creation, maintenance, distribution and consumption of existing/new assets.
- Coordinate global and regional field enablement and engagement initiatives.
- Planning and management of team engagements at industry, customer and internal events.
- Support marketing activities (memberships, associations, speaking engagements etc.)
- Manage the development of training content to educate the industry vertical team on new reporting mechanisms.
- Provide and support the development of customized data insight reports for industry specialist teams
- Initiate and execute special projects and programs that advance industry vertical specialization and competences within AWS.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Tableau
· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, internationally and lead through influence in a data-driven approach.
· The right person will be analytical and data-driven, innovative and demonstrate balanced operations, strategy and planning, and execution skills.
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years Media & Entertainment industry experience
· 7+ years of experience in business operations function and/or program/project management.