Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. The AWS Design System team is responsible for unlocking the power of AWS by creating a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of re-usable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow AWS teams to build interfaces using modern web standards, while complying with usability and accessibility guidelines. We are a diverse team of developers and designers who innovate, disrupt, and solve problems. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design and development challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
About the Role
UX writers translate complex concepts into simple copy. You will work with UX Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to craft clear concise documentation for UX patterns and components for the AWS Design System. In this role, you’ll combine copy writing skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the designs of products that are used by billions of users.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work with Design and Engineering to deliver precise UX guidelines and API descriptions.
· You will manage the content strategy of the ever-evolving AWS Design System documentation website.
· Audit/revise/retire content, ensuring a consistency of voice and tone throughout page organization and website documentation information architecture.
· You will maintain and evolve AWS Design System guidelines content writing guidelines.
· You will collaborate with the AWS Documentation team to write, edit and improve UI text for AWS customers.
· You will analyze the existing content of the AWS UIs and create content inventories.
· Experience with technical writing of API's.
· Experience with Design Systems, Design Guidelines and/or UI Components documentation.
· Experience with large-scale systems and applications.
· Experience with cloud services is a plus.
· Experience with web standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Ideal candidate profile
· Degree or certification in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience.
· 3 or more years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role.
· Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role.
· Strong English language skills.
· A deep understanding of content strategy and user-centered design.
· Experience working directly with development teams on a product for a technical audience.
· A portfolio demonstrating writing samples is required to apply for this role.