Amazon delights customers around the world with millions of products each day. Meet the team that is transforming how quickly and conveniently Amazon delivers that delight to its customers. The Access Points team designs and builds new ways for people to get the things they order online, through a growing network of hundreds of thousands of physical pickup point locations worldwide. Our locker and counter products offer customers greater security, flexibility, and control, while reducing transportation costs and environmental footprint.
As a UX Designer you will have a significant opportunity to understand, define and craft the customer experience for the future of how people send and receive things. You’ll be responsible articulating a design vision and execution through an iterative, evidence-driven design process. You’ll have the opportunity to work across digital interactions, physical environments, and service experiences. You’ll partner closely with research, product, technical, and business operations stakeholders, to uphold a high bar for millions of diverse customers: retail shoppers, delivery drivers, on-site operators, and business owners.
· Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person to person interactions.
· Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
· Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
· Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
· Work collaboratively with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
· Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
· Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
· Experience with physical product development, environmental design, or service design
· Expertise in crafting delightful micro-interactions, thorough illustration and animation
· Ability to create high-fidelity, dynamic prototypes, where appropriate in the design process
· Familiarity with logistics, supply-chain management, or other operationally complex industries
· Experience with both B2C and B2B products and a nuanced understanding of the design patterns appropriate for different audiences
· Enthusiasm for understanding and serving diverse, international customers
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years years of experience designing complex digital products and experiences (preferably cross platform mobile, web, device, or other formats)
· A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading human-centered design process and business success
· Experience planning, conducting, and synthesizing UX research through a variety of methodologies
· Fluency in a range of design tools for working at different fidelity throughout the design process (e.g. white-boarding, design software, prototyping)
· Ability to present and defend your design decisions confidently, while challenging your convictions and seeking diverse perspectives
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Formal training in Design, UX, HCI, or related field, through an academic program or professional experience