Do you love wrangling complex and technical problems into simple and creative experiences? Do you have a knack for storytelling, problem solving, and even a bit of psychology? We are looking for a customer obsessed UX designer on a relentless quest to improve and simplify the experience for the millions of our customers who count on Blink.
You demonstrate customer-centric judgment in your day-to-day design decisions, advocate for a quality customer experience, and understand your customer, the competition and industry.
You possess the necessary skills and expertise to be able lead projects and push UX Design limits. You demonstrate an ability to work creatively around difficult business, technical or resource constraints.
You drive alignment around design decisions by soliciting and managing design feedback, and communicating and partnering with peers and stakeholders to deliver tangible results.
This role is responsible for driving customer-obsessed improvements to the Blink app experience. In this role you will:
· Conduct customer analysis; and create personas and usage scenarios.
· Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills, you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and prototypes that communicate your design ideas.
· Provide and incorporate meaningful feedback to improve your design solutions and perspectives.
· Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development.
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and lead closure on design requirements.
· Experience in web or mobile development.
· Familiarity with XCode and Android Studio.
· Physical product / industrial design experience (including 3D print prototyping).
· Experience leading a team of designers.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos. Our mission is to provide peace of mind for home owners while they are way from home using our wire-free, battery-operated smart home security cameras.
Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing mobile apps team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer.
· 3+ years of experience with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, XD, and Photoshop.
· A portfolio that demonstrates a thorough understanding of a user-centered design process.
· 3+ years experience in web and native apps and mobile first design approaches.
· Has designed and launched at least one product into the market.