Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud. Our customers go from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. The AWS Design System team is responsible for unlocking the power of AWS by creating a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of re-usable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow AWS teams to build interfaces using modern web standards, while complying with usability and accessibility guidelines. We are a diverse team of developers and designers, passionate about innovation. We love to solve problems and define a new user experience. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design and development challenges; if you want to make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow: join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable design patterns in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate on design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· Experience working on Design Systems.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps..
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
· 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.