The Amazon Web Services (AWS) computing platform is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. is at the forefront of computing, which is one of the highest impact developments in the last 15 years.
Marketing is responsible for ensuring that prospective and existing customers have a complete, transparent view of for services. We have a simple idea that can be made easy to understand, and we win when our customers make informed purchasing decisions. In particular, we are looking for ways to help our customer describe their use case and identify the right to address their need.
As a UX Designer, you will put yourself in the shoes of a website visitor as they estimate millions of dollars of cost. You’ll then use interviews, research, hunches, and art to determine the best experience for the customer. As the expert on your design, you’ll directly field questions from engineers and owners and at the of the process you’ll see the impact of your work as it is rapidly built and shipped by engineers with a passion for UX.
This person will design, conduct first hand research, and utilize outside vendors to conduct research in support of the Calculator, calculator.aws, and the marketing website pages, aws.amazon.com/advertising-marketing.
· Design experience in developer tools and/or Cloud-based applications.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps..
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for customers.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, interaction designer, or similar role
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating user-centered design solutions with measurable outcome