Make history and become part of an amazing recruiting team at Amazon. The Canada Consumer Talent Acquisition Team is looking for a Full Life Cycle Recruiter to join forces and partner with our highly collaborative team of recruiters, client lead and recruiting coordinators.
In this role, the technical recruiter will manage the business relationship, recruiting strategy, candidate generation, market research, candidate closing and on-boarding. This Recruiter will work with their peer recruiters and business leaders to drive strategies for candidate attraction. They will foster a collaborative team environment and a strong service oriented culture that ensures delivery of efficient, effective, quality driven service to internal customers.They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
The candidate must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a timeline and have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners.
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
· Demonstrate excellent research and hunting skills via internet, phone or other channels to identify and attract the best engineers in the world.
· Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
· Create fantastic job postings, network with passive candidates, work closely with hiring managers and executives you support, and create robust sourcing strategies that will attract the best and the brightest. It's a fast-paced role, on a fun and cohesive team, requiring juggling and daily prioritizing.
· They have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, are highly organized, effective communicators, possess the ability to prioritize, push back, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, all while being highly customer focused and collaborative.
· Must be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and understand their motivation.
· Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
· Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
· Articulate in writing a plan with deliverable, timelines and a formal tracking process.
· Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
· Strong customer orientation with ability to communicate with candidates and business leaders at all levels.
· Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
· You are experienced driving candidate sourcing initiatives using search engines, deep-web Boolean searching, engineering social networks, etc.
· You are experienced driving social media campaigns and organizing event hiring such as industry conferences or other unique methods.
· ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates.
· MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers and the recruiting team.
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
· Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
· Can navigate ambiguous problems with ease.
· Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
· Experience recruiting in a highly competitive environment.
· Must have successfully built scalable recruiting programs and processes.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· You have 3+ years of corporate and or search firm progressive recruiting experience hiring software engineers, data scientist and other technical roles.
· Bachelor’s degree.