Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Senior Textile TPM works closely with teams located in both the US and China throughout design cycles across numerous projects. As a member of the Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for driving the development of textile materials through working with various cross functional teams including Advanced Materials, Industrial Design, Product Design, Mechanical Process Engineering, and Commodity Management team. You will be responsible for ensuring that textile development progresses on a strategic roadmap level, as well as on the tactical level within various projects.
In addition, you will own communicating progress to a large cross functional executive audience representing the entire textile development effort, and educating executives along the way.
· Act as focal point for all textile development activities globally
· Review product requirements with industrial design, product management, and product design engineers. Develop appropriate schedule, milestones, and resource requirements to be successful.
· Drive multiple large-scale textile development initiatives simultaneously
· Drive and track textile readiness for key milestones as well as project related builds
· Utilize your experience in the textile field to identify technical risks and define mitigation plans
· Drive the team towards making timely technical decisions for textile development
· Drive the development of the textile manufacturing process setup, in-process quality control, cosmetic requirements, and other metrology requirements
· Maintain relationships with textile suppliers, drive innovations on materials, manufacturing processes and identify opportunities to improve quality and competitive cost
· Travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites as needed to keep technology and product development on track
· MBA or advanced technical degree
· Work experience in the high-volume consumer electronics industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 2+ years of technical program management experience
· BS in Textile, Chemical, Material, Mechanical, Engineering or related field
· 10+ years of relevant work experience as a Technical Program Manager
· 5+ years of textile industry experience
· Demonstrated experience managing complex project schedules with tight deadlines
· Experience working onsite with manufacturers and suppliers, driving schedule and issue resolution
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required for effective presentations to executive level
· Knowledge of the textile manufacturing process, including yarn quality control, knitting process, dyeing technologies/processes
· Good verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts, complex data and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder