Come join an exciting and innovative Security Assurance team that drives exceptional security for customers and provides cutting edge technology solutions. Amazon Web Services (AWS) business is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for a highly motivated Security Assurance Program Manager to help lead our Security Assurance Engineering and Architecture Readiness team. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, this role will build the bridges between security, technology and compliance by working directly with our AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, security teams, and related Amazon corporate teams. This candidate should be a technically experienced and an innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex architectures, understand IT processes, and map product offerings to existing and emerging compliance standards. The role will help drive and scale the engineering and architecture readiness program through innovative process changes across multiple organizations and teams.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well- balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals and high level design.
· Experience in developing automated tooling in support of security controls.
· Experience supporting information security control audits (e.g. NIST 800-53, ISO 27017/27018, PCI DSS, SOC).
· Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
· Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
· Understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
· Proven ability to succeed in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/usLNKPOP.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related technical field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in any combination of the following: assessing/documenting/developing IT architecture and systems, software development, IT security.
· Minimum 2 years' experience running large cross-team initiatives across multiple functional areas or organizations.