Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. In 2016 AWS launched more than 1,000 new services and innovative features! We maintain this rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own startup inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers' satisfaction, service innovations, ambitious growth, and meeting revenue goals. We need ingenious engineers to join our Elite team to implement, operate, and build some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world
The AWS Intelligence Initiative-AI² is hiring for a rare opportunity working with some of the brightest engineers and technical leaders, while breaking new ground in the U.S. Intelligence Community by delivering agile software services and infrastructure. Explore our multiple opportunities HERE!
What will I do?
· Run and maintain a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, across multiple data centers, involving hundreds of machines
· Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system; providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives on all aspects of the system
· Invent bold and radical new approaches to automate maintenance tasks, reporting systems, system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools
· Delve into a customer issue, or investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, turning customers into raving fans.
· Configure new machines and perform various system maintenance tasks
· Design and execute production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components, refining hardware requirements and selected designs, balancing raw up-front dollar cost with operability and TCO
What's in it for me?
· An opportunity to consult with, and gain knowledge from the top engineers at Amazon about our innovative products and other public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront
· You will become an expert in the latest cloud computing technologies and get to play with the latest services and features before they are launched.
· The chance to join a world-class engineering team, with outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting team-oriented atmosphere.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hand on and related debugging
· 1+ years support engineering or system admin experience on Linux or Unix systems
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Deep understanding of scalable computing systems
· Good working knowledge/experience on highly distributed virtual environment, networking, s/w build and deployment process
· Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
Ø This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.