Amazon is looking for Systems Development Engineers to build and scale the systems and software for the security of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Tens of millions of customers rely on Amazon’s network for using retail websites, accessing content on their Kindles and building applications and businesses on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform for the world – achieving this goal requires security at every layer and massively scalable software systems. AWS success depends on its world-class network infrastructure, and network depends on Network Security Engineering team.
- You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the Network Security software used across all of Amazon’s businesses.
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
- You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
- You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
- You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
1. Basic Qualifications
- Very strong problem solving and coding skills.
- Bash experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Strong track record of working in areas of significant complexity and 'getting things done'
- Record of mentoring other engineers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
- Proficient at designing software systems - from high-availability large-scale distributed systems to bespoke scripted solutions.
- Advanced UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
- A strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP).
- Working knowledge of AAA systems
- Understanding of the building blocks of computer systems; comfortable working with bits & bytes.
2. Preferred Qualifications
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Have the ability to understand complex compliance requirements and work backwards to define actionable goals.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.