The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Supply Chain team is responsible for building the next generation supply chain for Amazon’s world-class ultra-fast customer experiences, including Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go, Whole Foods, Treasure Truck, Amazon Business, and other soon-to-launch exciting new businesses. Come be a part of a 100+ Fulfillment Center and Distribution Center network across North America, Europe and APAC – serving customers in as fast as 60 minutes!
We are seeking an exemplary System Development Engineer with broad technical skills to help build the infrastructure and tools required to support, scale and integrate the inbound supply chain for GSF businesses. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, distributed systems which operate 24/7/365. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in groundbreaking initiatives to solve challenging and interesting problems as we build the first ever distribution network and supply chain capabilities tailored to grocery and ultra-fast customer offerings.
You will collaborate with various software teams and lead the design and development of the technology solutions that are critical to scale our Supply Chain operations and processes.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
· Design and develop scalable systems employing Object Oriented techniques in Ruby, Python, or Java.
· Manipulate/ mine data from databases/log files
· Collaborate with other Engineering teams to enhance existing technology solutions.
· Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions.
· Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
· BS degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of industry experience developing web-based tools or a MS degree with 1 year experience or 2 years’ related Amazon experience.
· 1 Year of experience with AWS (S3, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, etc)
· Experience with Linux/Unix.
· Knowledge of modern version control systems such as Git.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with any/all of the following preferred: Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Python, Java, SQL.
· Knowledge of database systems.